Friday, September 26, 2008

Camcorder: Is it worth it?


I bought myself a camcorder last year, and I've use it for more than a year now. And it still cool to have. Why do I need it? Cos I want to capture the moment and rewind it over and over again. I bought it last year, (and at that time, my niece is only 3months old), January this year, I compiled all the video I took through out the year of my niece. After I finish compiling, we look at the finish product, and all I can say is - Priceless. I even use it to take picture of my trip with my family and our engagement etc etc etc. My budget - less than RM3k. Before I buy, I google the top brand for camcorder, then I compare the features and prices. I ask for opinion from friends and family, whether they know which shop give a good bargain. Their opinion really matters and I find it very useful too. Only then, I start my hunting, I go for Sony Handycam (my 1st choice), at that time they were promoting the DVD handycam, the price was reasonable but I dont really like changing the DVD disk all the time. My eye on the 60GB built-in Hard disk drive, but it cost RM3.5k at that time :-( . I thot to myself, maybe I should settle for second best... 30GB wont be that bad, having not enough money at that time, so I waited till end of next month. I went back to the same shop the next month and got myself Sony Handycam DCR-SR80 (60GB) + 3 years warranty, for RM2.7k. Not too bad ey.

No comments: