Monday, October 13, 2008

Is your Nokia phone original?

I didn't know that from the serial number of the phone they can actually tell you your handphone quality. But recently I got this e-mail about how to check your Nokia hanphone through the serial number.
Press the following on your mobile *#06# and the-international mobile equipment identity number appears. Then check the 7th and 8th numbers:


1

2

3

4

5

6

7 th

8 th

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

Phone serial no.

x

x

x

x

x

x

?

?

x

x

x

x

x

x

x



IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are
02 or 20
this means your cell phone was assembled in Emirates or China which is very Bad quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are
08 or 80 this means your cell phone was manufactured in Germany which is fair quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are
01 or 10 this means your cell phone was manufacture Finland which is very Good

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are
00
this means your cell phone was manufactured in original factory which is the best Mobile Quality

IF the Seventh & Eighth digits are
13 this means your cell phone was assembled in Azerbaijan which is very Bad quality and also dangerous for your health


Not sure whether the information is reliable or not, but I tried on my Nokia handphone, the oldest model assembled in Germany, the Nokia 3100 is manufactured in original factory whereas my latest phone I just got a few weeks ago is assembled in China. Hopefully it is not as bad as they say it is, I dunno, I'm slowly losing trust in China brand. There's an awful good reason why I feel that way, because of the recent going-ons in China's market, my unit trust has drop significantly, from 0.25sen per unit, now to 0.13sen per unit. I should've take it out when it started to drop to 0.23 back then, thats the price for being greedy.

No comments: